Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yep....He is a little sick

I haven't blogged for a couple of days....and I have found that I can surf on the weak signals around the neighborhood just fine. I can't watch any videos but blogging and checking emails....no problem! Anji has been talking to a few people about RJ and has some great emails....one that I am am thinking about in particular was from Emily Findley. Emily said something like how a mother would do anything to take any suffering away from their child if they could and gladly suffer it themselves. Anji let out a good bout of tears when she read this.....it was real cute. Thanks Emily for all your help.....Anji looks up to you (I can tell). We have so many good examples around us on how to be good parents.

RJ is sick. I have been having flash backs of my nephew Brady. For some reason I remember Brady getting lots of goop in his eyes so bad that he couldn't open them in the morning until you got a warm wash cloth and helped clean them up. Feeding RJ is the morning is a little nerve racking....he is sucking on the bottle and then you can see his little head go back a little....I take out the bottle and wait for the gasp of air that follows these events. Every time he does this (and he does it a lot) I mentally get prepared to do CPR or back blows. I wish that he didn't have so much problems during feeding times. Anji said something that has been haunting me in the back of my head ever since I heard it. When we took RJ to the doctor and we found that his O2 saturation was between 80 and 90 she said that he could be losing brain cells. I guess I am trusting the doctors that they wouldn't send a baby home that would be risk for this to happen. I know that there hasn't been anything in my life that I have prayed for more than little RJ. Countless prayers before he was even born, all during the pregnancy and now every day....I am pretty sure that there won't be a day till I die that I won't pray for him. I watched the movie, "Emma, My Story" and I couldn't imagine losing all the babies she lost.

I used to think that my life was so perfect....that I didn't really have any real trials to overcome....and what would it be like to overcome something big and how would I do during the testing process? Wow, the Lord sure did help me to understand what its like to live through some trials. Its sad but I know the nature of life is to experience all the highs and lows and I don't think the lord is through teaching me....I wish he was but I far from perfect....as everyone knows.....ahhhhh.

I just read Ruby and Matt's blog about their new cat.....I know its none of my business but I always hoped that they would be dog people like us....I feel a little betrayed. Oh well I guess we can't be friends anymore.....it was great knowing you! J/K . I know they would have a dog if conditions permitted so I won't hold them getting a cat against them. Having any animal to care for and look after is a good thing...research has shown that you are happier and you live longer. Zowie is getting older.....her breath is so nasty....but I love it! Its kind of weird to me to be in love with something so revolting. I really hope that RJ is going to be able to have some memories of her. I am trying to do the calculations in my head....some of my earliest memories was when my little Lori came home from the hospital.....and I think that I was 3 or 4 years old when that happened. So in 4 years from now Zowie will be 11 years old....her breath will really be stinky then. I can't remember how old Colby (Jesse's Dog) was when he finally died but I think it was 13 or 14. That dog looked like hell! He had gotten hit by a car so many times.....one of the last times he had lost his eye and for a couple years he walked around with this open oozing sore....I was glad when Jesse had it sewn up. What a cool dog he was! I dread the day my Zowie leaves us.

We are going to go to "Game Night" tonight over at Aimee and Jason's. It's the first time since before RJ was born.

1 comment:

Emilee Pierce said...

Ryan, don't be too sad. You guys and Zowie converted me into a dog person! Now I don't know what I would do without my little Rowdy! -Em