Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Morning Breakfast.....

Today was fun for me and my son. I woke up about 6:11am grabbed RJ and went down stairs to feed him. He ate a ton....nearly a whole bottle. He had a few bouts of spitting up some of his food....(I still don't know what that means....did he eat to much?) ..anyways, after 45 mins or so I changed his diaper and then heard John's ringer. John asked if we would like to come eat Saturday morning Breakfast at his house and I quickly agreed. (John is a great cook much better than Denny's) I thought about leaving RJ here with Anji and then decided against it. RJ was much to wide awake and I knew he would be crying and then Anji would be stuck with a crying baby while I went and had fun with the boys. So I grabbed his diaper bag, threw him in his car seat, whistled for Zowie, and was off. He fell asleep for a little bit on the ride over there but was awake when I brought him in the house. Jason brought, Billy and Courtney, and we all talked while cooking and eating. RJ was a champ...he just hung out watching all the kids and dogs go flying around the room and didn't real say a peep until we were actually eating and the room quieted down. I grabbed him and tried to eat while holding him....until Uncle John came and took him from me which I was grateful for. John wanted to see how Murphey (John's big dog) would act around a baby and Murphey was great. After we had gotten done eating and John was sitting on the couch with RJ....RJ started to fuss a little and it was super cute...Murphey came up and gave RJ a big lick on the crown of his head. Anyways...breakfast was fun and I thought about holding breakfast over at my house next week. The only negative about cooking at each others house is that we don't get to talk as much as we do when we go to Denny's. The time spent talking about our week and our lives is really the reason we get together. Looking back it would of been fun to get a picture with everyone. I am glad that Aimee and Jason decided to move to St. George, I really like the amount of time I have been able to spend with my Nieces and Nephews. Billy is always so quick to shout out his welcomes and run over and give you a hug. Kind of nice to feel that unconditional love and I think it makes the world that much better of a place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're becoming a busy dad! I'm happy you're including RJ at your breakfasts! It's fun to read your blog. I learn a lot! Love, Mom