Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CRP...NOT CPR

I still have no idea what CRP stands for but I do know what it means...its like a measurement of how much infection your baby has. Most non-sick babies will have a CRP below 1.0. Right after you were born it was 1.5 then the next day it was 3.5...that's when mom was worried you weren't going to make it...but I knew better I gave you a blessing and was told by your father in heaven that you would make it through this....the next day it was 1.9. The next day it was 1.0 and today it was 0.6. I gave mom quite the scare when on the 2nd day (when your CRP was real high). Mom was wasted...she had a super bad migraine headache and only a few hours of sleep. I went down and checked on you and I asked the nurse how you were...she spitted off a bunch a medical jargon that I pretended to understand but knew I would forget. I asked her if she had called your mom and told her all this and she said she hadn't...I told her that she should probably do that because I would for sure bungle up everything she had just told me...she tried to call mom but there was no answer and I remembered that mom was flat on her back with a blood patch procedure and couldn't answer the phone. So I leave you in the NICU and go see mom to tell her what the nurse told me. I get in the room and mom asks how you are and I said..."did you hear about the CPR?"..then the phone rang and I answered it...needless to say your mom was pretty freaked out...she had thought you had CPR which is never a good sign for anyone and especially a mother you wants to take her baby home....I did some fast talking and it wasn't hard to convince your mom that I am an idiot and meant to say CRP instead of CPR.

No comments: