Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nearly pee'd my pants!!

Anji and I were laughing so hard we nearly pee'd our pants. Today has been a crazy day. When I got home from school today Anji was showing me some of the pictures that she had taken with Aunt Liz. They were nice...but I thought that I could do better. I saw a cute picture of a baby in the new Memory Mixer software she had bought....and thought.....thats not hard...I can do that. Anji said that we should give it a try since RJ is asleep and I grabbed the camera and went upstairs to pose my sleeping baby. Anji and I took turns taking pictures....I'll let you guess which are mine and which are hers.K....In case you were wondering.....from top to bottom it goes....mine, mine, hers! I really don't know what she was thinking....she just looked at me and said....I want to try something and then threw the blanket over my head and put the baby in my arms! I was laughing so hard that I couldn't hold the baby still and Anji kept saying don't drop the baby! After she had taken the picture as I pulled off the blanket from my head.....I saw Anji collapse with laughter on the floor and between gasps of air she told me to look at the picture she had taken. When I was looking at it she commented that it looked like the Klu Klux Klan was holding our baby! I think I know what she was trying to do with this picture but the execution was all wrong. She just wanted a picture of the baby and my hands which is a real cute picture but it didn't quite work at that way. I love my wife and this day will never be forgotten! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

I have a lot to blog about and not much of it is as lighthearted as whats above. Today, I found out that my father's cancer is back. He also is in need of a heart stent to open up an artery. It's kind of weird because when they first found his cancer they said that they wouldn't do Chemo because they were worried that he wouldn't recovery well from it. Now I heard that they are going to be using some fancy radiation knife and that its suppose to be easier to recover from....I hope that he will be ok. There has been so many times in the past that I have thought that he might not recover from "this....fill in the blank" and he always has..... and although I know that there is a possibility that he might not be around much longer....he always seems to beat the odds. I just want you to know that I love and care for you Dad....and I will be there for you. WOw! I never really knew how much love my dad might have for me.....I love RJ so much already that I can kind of see myself a little clearer through my own father eyes....I am his little RJ.

3 comments:

Emilee Pierce said...

I'm sorry about your dad, Ryan. I hope all works out like it is supposed to. It looks like RJ's cheeks are getting really chubby. It's so cute when babies grow a little and get baby fat! I love it!

Anonymous said...

The only way we can really understand the feelings a parent has for his child or children, is to become a parent. I'm so grateful that you, Ryan and Anji, have this opportunity and now know and understand the love your parents have for you. Especially your dad. We are praying for his recovery. Love, Mom
PS So happy that you had fun taking those cute pictures.

walkerbunch said...

You guys are so funny! I have to say that I like Anji's picture the best. I couldn't stop laughing when I read the part about the Ku Klux Clan holding your baby.
Ryan, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Cancer is such a horrible disease. I think everyone knows someone that's been affected by it. I hope the treatments work well for him.