Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday....

I went to church today by myself. Anji still doesn't want RJ around lots of people because of all the air born pathogens. Was pretty lonely and I definitely like it much better with my wife and child with me. I had the chorister for the primary come up and tell me that she had read our blog which was a little shocking at first. She had nice things to say but I am a little self-conscious on how I am being perceived by others. I have read a bunch which has helped a ton with my writing skills but I am still sometimes crude in my sentence structure (I am pretty crude with my language sometimes....in some family saying "stupid" is a bad word and I am pretty sure I have talked enough about RJ's dirty diapers to bore everyone to death) and I lack eloquence....but this is me and although I am no Billy Shakespeare at least I am not letting my fears of what other people may or may not think about me stop me from doing something that in the end I know is right and good. I think it would of been real cool to have some of the things I have written about from my own father. Maybe because of my situation I want to have proof that I have loved you from the beginning....and maybe it will be enough when it really matters. I have no idea how old you will be when you will finally be able to read and understand this whole blog. Come to think about it....I have never even asked my mother or father if they had kept a journal about some of my early experiences with them. What did they think of me when I came into this world? Did I cry too much?

Right now RJ is sitting in my lap...we are ready to go on a walk. I really can't think of anything fun and exciting that RJ has done today. He hasn't slept much today and I am hoping that he will be able to have a good night tonight.

Just got back from the walk...the trail was pretty bumpy and when you started to cry I scooped you up in my arms and carried you back to the car. I wish I had one of those baby backpack thingies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Written by Evonne Sharpe
I'm proud of you for writing and keeping your blog up so well. RJ will certainly know how much he's loved. I think you write pretty well and it sounds just like you so that's wonderful.