Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good news about RJ...

I had a sweet visit to my school today....after RJ's doctor appointment, Anji brought me lunch we were able to eat together in my office. I found out the when they checked RJ's O2 Saturation it was at 99 percent. He also weighed 9 lbs which means that he has been putting on the weight since he has been born....which is a good thing. Anji also told me that she caught him sucking on his thumb.....I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing so I really don't know how to feel about it....I hate to be selfish but I heard it helps them sleep at night which is always a good thing for chronically tired parents.

I had some bad news today but I am hesitant to spill my guts about it although I know it would help me clear my mind. The short story is my renters called me up and told me that they are going to have a hard time paying rent. With Anji not working, hospital bills, and now this, it's just more finacial stress than I have ever been under and I'm not used to it. I know some people have a lot bigger problems then me....but what I am feeling reminds me of something Victor Frankle wrote in his book, "Man's Search for Meaning". I can't quote you anything word for word but the jist of it is....suffering is like air in a ballon no matter how much or how little is in the ballon the air expands to fill the whole capacity of the container equally. I know my situation can be a lot worse and to some people it's not a big deal but to me right now.....it feels like a big deal.

1 comment:

The Knight's said...

ryan...
i love reading your blog. you are very poetic sometimes...and yes...very ryan with your random thoughts...but that is what makes us love you! your sweet baby..oh my goodness...i want to sqeeze him...he is so cute.