Monday, October 13, 2008

RJ goes to the doctor......

Well today RJ is going to get his PKU done...I have no idea what that stands for. He has been bleeding a little bit at his belly button but Anji has done some reading and she says that is pretty normal right before it falls off. I am sure the doctor is also going to inspect his handy work with the circumcision that did last week. Anji told me that she and RJ had a great day today which is good news after the bad night RJ and I had. RJ just wanted to be held and was constantly hungry. You started to cry when mom put you in the car seat on the way to this doctors appointment but after you heard my voice and I kissed you a couple times you settled down and fell asleep. I asked Anji if she had any comments to add to this blog...she said "Ryan to the rescue" I think I could detect a little sarcasm in her voice...I know its not a big deal to her but I think its cool you feel comforted by my presence and respond to me in that way...in a way its all I got...it makes me feel more like your dad. After your mom just read what I wrote she told me of something Aunt Aimee said....Aimee was wondering why I wanted to give you a bottle and your mom was theorizing my intentions ans she guessed it was because I was feeling left out somehow...well its true...I do like to see your little cute eyes gazing up at me while I feed you....I don't like the smell of your farts as your body makes room for the milk I am giving you...but I grin and bear it. I also know that mom is really tired all the time and if I can give her a little break she is much happier (Findley Curse) You're really smelling ripe right now which reminds me of my achelles heel. Mom was gone with Aunt Liz getting some food and Uncle John was holding you and you were stinky. When Uncle John handed you to me I had a brief feeling of loss...I missed the time when I could hand the stinky kid to their parents to change...but now I was the parent... so I took you upstairs and the whole time on the way up there I knew this one was going to be a bad one. I tried to be strong but my stomach betrayed me. It was horrible. You were crying on the changing table, I was running to the toliet for some dry heaving. I mustard up some courage to go back in and after a few more attempts at cleaning up your bum I was back visiting the toilet. I am pathetic son...but I learned something from my Deer hunting/gutting days...I do much better if I can't smell anything. So your mom is going to buy me nose plugs. That will be good because I feel bad that your mom always has to change your diaper.

1 comment:

Emilee Pierce said...

wow, Ryan, that is pretty sad. I hope this is not something that I am going to have to look forward to. Greg gets pretty grossed out by that stuff too. I might be changing a lot of diapers when we have kids. :0) Em