Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Skin to skin...

K...just to let every one know about a pretty cool treatment they do here in the NICU. Skin to skin is just that...you bear your chest and the baby just has a diaper on and you snuggle. It does wonders let me tell you. Respiration slows down, pulse slows down...the baby is just more relaxed. They also say that the infection in the baby transfers to the mom and then the mom makes antibodies to fight the babies infection and then give the antibodies back to the baby via breast milk. Right now I'm doing skin to skin with my son and then I'm going to hug mom and then she can make antibodies for little rye rye. In the end skin to skin is just a whole lot of lovin. It reminds me of Eckart Tolle's talks about the power of just being with someone in that moment. Just looking into your eyes not trying to mold you or change you....just happy to be with you. You smell so good....it almost puts me to sleep.

No comments: