Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Findley Visit....


Well they are finally here......wooot! It's great to have them here. I know both Anji and I have felt less stress with them here. I know I sound like a pansy but looking after a kid 24/7 gets tiring and just having someone else here to do a little here and a little there is great. They have been doing dishes, cooking dinner and just loving RJ. They are both great!

I haven't been blogging for the last couple days because yesterday after work I went and checked out the damage to our rental and the day before I was driving my dad home from Kolob Care Center. Lots of good news. Our rental looked great and we just showed it off to a lady Anji works with and our hopes our high that she will rent it. I am trying to not label every event in my life as "good" or "bad" but just "life". Life is neither good or bad it just is....we assign mental labels as we see fit and those labels can vary between each person. We can even interpret similar events in our life very differently depending where we are mentally. Some of the things we think are the worst possible things to happen to us later in life we look at them as a blessing. And we are.....truly blessed. I am no expert at this mental reframing but I am working on it and it has helped me to look at things from different perspectives and overall help me to be a little happier.

On to news about RJ.....Anji took him to get his pictures taken and she told me on the very last picture the captured the money shot. RJ had his head held high with his big eyes opened. Can't wait to see it! Anji had a little laugh this morning. After I had fed RJ, I laid him down in his crib and took a shower....he started to cry and Anji grabbed him and laid him in the bed with her. Grandpa and Grandma woke up and went in to his room when they woke up and they couldn't find him and then they checked the bassinet and couldn't find him in there either. They were a little stressed until they found out that he was laying next to Anji in the bed.

2 comments:

The Knight's said...

Ryan and Anji..
RJ is so flip'n cute. I love this pic you posted. He looks a lot like you ryan...do you get that alot?

The Neumann Clan said...

hmmmmm......What is your job again? I swear that I have heard those exact words somewhere before!