Friday, October 30, 2009

Catching up on the last couple months!!


I had to start off by posting some super cute pix of RJ. I can't believe he is already 1 yrs old!!!!
I got a new job 2 months ago...which is one of the many reasons why we haven't posted on our blog lately. I worked almost 7 yrs as a RN on the Medical/Oncology unit @ the hospital and I moved to work in SameDay Surgery. I mostly did this for better hours (no more weekends or Holidays!!) and able to spend more time with my new little family.....it sure was hard leaving wonderful friends who were basically my "work" family. In the pic above is my last day at work with 2 of the many friends that I had the privledge of working with....I miss you guys!!!!!!! However, I do LOVE my new job!!! love everyone I work with, the hours, and its been fun to learn something new!

This summer it was fun seeing Mike, Heather and their kids a few times, since they moved from Illionois to Provo it seems like its easier to see them. Spencer was born 2 days before RJ and this summer was the first time they were old enough to play and interact with eachother. Rj's favorite game to play when they were together was "taking the binky" away from Spencer and of course the classic pic of "hair pulling"! It is so fun to see them together. RJ is soooo hyper and seems to get into EVERYTHING and we are hoping that Angelic Little Spencer will rub off on him eventually!!!



The last couple months have flown by so fast and we have done some pretty fun stuff. Ryan ran a marathon and a couple half marathons. I ran a few half marathons, but injured my knee right before St George marathon. :( It has been fun for us to share our interest in running. We haven't really ran races together since before we were married.!! Here are a couple pix after the Provo half marathon. This race was a little bit bitter sweet for me because I ran my best half marathon time and received a top 25 award so I was super stoked, however this race is where my knee injury began. :(


Love the Stephens Family

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

4 comments:

Justin, Emily,Nyah & Anastyn said...

I am happy things are going so well for you guys. I can't believe RJ is 1 either time has gone by so fast!!
I miss seeing you at work...its different without you that is for sure. I am excited for Emilee's baby shower, see you then!

Marcie said...

I am so happy for you about your new job and better hours! Thats so great. How is your knee feeling? I hope you are back to running and if not hopefully soon!

Emilee Pierce said...

Oh, Joelle and Andrea! I miss being a 3 wester! I think that was our old locker in the background of the pic. I am tearing up a little! :0) RJ is turning into such a handsome boy. He is going to be bigger than his tiny mom soon! Wish I was around more to see you guys more often!

Bobbi Simkins said...

I can't believe you left! good for you :) i have thought about going to SDS as well, but don't want to work more than 3 days a week! maybe someday i will join ya!