Monday, October 5, 2009

2009 St. George Marathon 4hrs.

 
I love the Red Rocks behind me couldn't get a better picture of the Marathon in my opinion. This was taken right in front of the house I grew up in on Diagonal right after I kissed my wife and son. Anji was suppose to run the marathon, but she hurt her knee a few weeks before. She really wanted to run, but wasn't able to. So the day before the marathon I decided to run in her place!
 
Really don't like this picture (the only one that looks cute is Anji...both RJ and I are showing are bad sides). I wasn't feeling very good at the end of the race...about passed out. Then I tried to eat a thick slice of Great Harvest bread and couldn't swallow it nor choke it up. I was still able to breath but it felt like I had a frog stuck in my throat and I got a little panicky. As you can see in the picture I survived the bread and I was really enjoying that ice cream cone. After this picture, RJ pretty much ate the rest of it for me. I only wanted to go home and go the bathroom and take a shower. (I really despise public bathrooms and try to avoid them at all costs...especially port-a-potties)
 
I was bushwacked and really just wanted to sleep. Didn't sleep well before the race and waking up at 4:15 am to run didn't help. I will say that this was the best marathon I have ever run in the terms of recovering. I didn't feel a 100 percent but I didn't feel like death warmed over like I did in the past marathons I have run. Anji is excited because we talked about some other marathons it would be fun to run. I don't think she ever thought I would run another marathon (probably because I have told more people then I can remember that I wouldn't....I am a huge hypocrite)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

tylerandtia said...

Yay! Congrats Ryan! That is so good! Your family is so stinking cute! I love RJ's new hair cut!!!!

tylerandtia said...

PS ANJI I MISS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, Great job on the marathon!! I was going to run it too, but then I realized I can barely run around the block. Take care of my daughter at that crazy school.
Thanks,
April Rollins

Ruby said...

That's way awesome! Go Rye!
P.s. that picture of you sleeping kind of looks like Matt. So Anji really did try to marry her brother!

Bobbi Simkins said...

good job ryan! too bad anji couldn't run. i know how bad she likes to run those things! so did you train much before then? i hear ya on needing to go to the bathroom after. i was so sick! i definitely don't think i will ever do another one! halfs definitely though.

:) said...

That is soooo cool! Anj my friend how is your knee? Ryan is sooo skinny!! I want to run a marathon! I dont know if I will ever get there, but you guys are my inspiration!