Sunday, May 31, 2009

Zowie giving me kisses

This is a little clip of Zowie giving me kisses and RJ just loving it. RJ just can't get enough of Zowie unfortunately the love doesn't go in both directions. In Zowie's defense most kids can be really mean (unintentionally) to animals. Zowie has put up with a lot of hair pulling and general harassment from RJ and lot of other kids at this age and a little older. Zowie's initial reaction with RJ is to keep her distance....and I let her. I don't want to hinder Zowie from doing what comes natural when she starts to feel anxiety and that is to get away from the object that is causing the anxiety. I am trying to help Zowie feel more comfortable with RJ and I have been feeding her with RJ close by trying to send the message that...Hey yeah there is a baby next to you but your Ok …..no one died and your actually doing something that you love doing......Eating....so be happy and enjoy the world! I hope that one day soon I will have RJ feeding Zowie and throwing the ball to her, being soft (but more importantly) not grabbing her nose and feet and trying to chew on them.



2 comments:

:) said...

He is just the cutest thing in the world! What a happy baby!! I can't wait to kiss his chubby cheeks!

Emilee Pierce said...

oh my heck, that is too funny!