Thursday, December 10, 2009

B-Cuz! (Busselbeerg Cousins)






Here is a collage that I complied of the 45 mile (St. George Expedition) race day. The name of our team was B-Cuz which stood for Busselberg Cousins. I am going to remember this day for a very long time because it was spent with family doing something that wasn't easy but super good for us and lots of time to talk and enjoy the experience......always a good recipe for great memories. I have wasted lots of Saturdays in my life but this one will never be in that category. I am grateful to my cousin Randy for putting the team together, running the first leg of the race and passing the Santa team (even if we did blow the lead in the radio hand off....he will never forgive me for that......I was hungry and wanted some potato chips!) and to my nephew, (The Bennie winner!) Brandon for running up Snow Canyon (Say it ain't Snow!) and the final stretch of the race in record time, my beautiful wife for showing us all even with a bum knee that you can still run 6 minute miles uphill, while chewing gum and sporting sunglasses, and to my lovely cousin Melody who broke a personal record for how many miles she has ever run in one day. Even though we didn't break any land speed records....running in any race is better than sitting on the side lines and watching people live life.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emilee Pierce said...

Looks fun! Wish I could have been there! Good job you guys! 6 minute miles, anj! That is amazing!