Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Break

Marry Christmas! Its a little late but oh well. We have been up in Brigham City since Christmas Eve. At first it was just Anji and I with the Grandparents and RJ got lots of one on one attention. He loves it and never gets tired of being held and therein lies the problem. We are new parents and given the oportunity again...I know I would do some things differently. It has been great being around so many dynamic parents this last week. One cool thing I witnessed was when Kate took a pretty tough fall. Both Emily and Scott looked at Kate and cheered...Kate got up smiled and ran to them. I know why it impressed me but it may sound trivial to others. When they cheered it was like their brains were processing the same information in the exact manner....unified, in sync. Anji and I are still pretty new and in no way anywhere close to having this whole parenting thing worked out. I hope we get better with practice and I pray we don't do anything permennant to RJ that later in life he won't be able to recover from.

3 comments:

Emilee Pierce said...

I'm sad we missed you guys over Christmas! I can't believe I was working that day. Oh well, next time... Em

walkerbunch said...

Hey Anji,
I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Love you! -Kelly

KatieGirl said...

You guys are awesome people and I'm sure RJ has great parents! He'll thank you for that later someday..I'm sure!